Sunday, July 8, 2012

I Owe Karen Amanda Hooper . . . (Long-Awaited Shout-out/Review for Grasping at Eternity)

. . . for letting me read such an amazing book for free.

Recently, I finished a book called Grasping at Eternity by Karen Amanda Hooper. I had heard about her in a scavenger hunt I took part in (the link is in one of the pictures on the side of my blog -->) and had been interested in her mermaid one, Tangled Tides, seeing as it sounded so interesting, but I'll be honest. I wasn't so sure about the other, despite its amazing and gorgeous cover.

You've heard the saying: never judge a book by its cover? Never judge a book by its synopsis too. They're usually better than that as well.

In a small nutshell: I loved it. I found myself longing to be back in bed flipping through the pages on my kindle while I was out doing chores and working jobs for my grandparents, a feeling I actually haven't felt in a long while. The story made me feel alive and everything that I haven't in a long time. Karen Amanda Hooper is like my new hero. The way she spun the story, alternating between POVs every few chapters, was amazing. In all my time, I don't think I've ever adored an author as much as I adore you right now. (Please don't find me crazy for saying that . . .)

Also, if you know me well enough, you know I haven't re-read a book in a while. I've re-read this book over and over since I got it so many times I could probably recite half of it word-by-word to you. I loved it. It was magnificent.

In short? I loved this story. I loved Tangled Tides when I first read it, but this one blew me away. I love the way you entertwined the story around every word you wrote, the reaction it pulled from me, and the way you made everything seem so real. I felt for the characters, and that's a pretty amazing thing too.

So, anyways, I'd definitely recommend this book to anyone who is looking for an AMAZING read (I'ver used amazing too much in this post . . . my inner editor is screaming for me to go grab a thesarus) and even if you aren't, go read it. Thanks.

No comments: